- Soft and warm, they make great trousers for little babies (boys and girls) and great leggins for older girls (or boys, but I think more for girls!!).
- Great for cloth nappy users, as they easily stretch over bigger bottoms (and bigger tummies) and will also sit well on slender figures :)
- Excellent also for potty training, as they are easy pull-on, pull-off.
We adjusted our sizing a few years ago to be more accurate. Disana original sizing is mainly for giants and is given below (we don't use this ourselves any more):
50/56 - 0-3m, 62/68 - 3-6m, 74/80 - 6-12m, 86-92 - 12-24m, 98/104 -2-3 yrs, 110-116 4-5yrs. We do hope you will understand that we have re-sized these brilliant Merino wool leggings to create appropriate age ranges and this is what you'll find on this page. So size-shop with confidence!.
If your child wears cloth nappies, please size up to allow some room for the nappies.
Disana have updated their colours for 2011/2012 as follows:
- Red has been brightened and warmed, so we have changed the name from "deep red" to "red". The previous Disana red is discontinued.
- Navy has been brightened compared to 2010 but we have kept the same name. The previous Disana navy is discontinued.
- Green has been brightened considerably so we have called it "leaf green" as it is a cheerful spring leaf colour. The previous Disana green is discontinued.
- Grey is a new colour Disana have introduced for 2011/2012 - lovely!
- Pink is discontinued.
As with most of our knitted woollens, we do machine-wash these on a gentle 30°C wool hand-wash cycle. The pink pair you can see in the picture are nearly a year old and have been washed MANY times! Please be aware manufacturer states hand-wash only. It is important to use wool shampoo (we have these in our from our Wool Care section) as normal detergents are not designed for wool.
Use as "longies"
Highly recommended! We have had several customers use them as woollen outers for cloth nappies after lanolinising them. Here is some feedback from Claire Ashbourne:
"Just wanted to let you know how I am getting along with the merino leggings as longies. They work! I have only given them one lanolin treatment so far but they work fine during the day for this purpose.
"A tighter weave of wool I think is needed at night or double layer, but for day time they make superb wool nappy pants. After another couple of lanolin treatments and more wear they will work fabulously I think."
And more feedback on the same subject from another customer: "I wanted to let you know that I have used the Disana leggins as "nappy covers" at home, and they work really well! They still fit and they are brilliant."